Ready to Return

We set out from Tucson only seven days ago and the week has literally flown by. You can read about the week in the previous posts but I haven't told you about yesterday yet. Yesterday is worth writing about.

Our team and the team from PA that had been with us this week headed out bright and early to Armenia Bonito. Everyone but me, that is. But I'll come back to that.

Armenia Bonito is the small community in which Mike and Erin Pettengill first started their ministry. You can read about their ministry on their blog. Most of those that went out to Armenia Bonito went to work in the medical clinic. They ended up seeing over 100 patients that day. Everyone was a pro at their assignment after three previous days of mobile clinics. This clinic took place in a real medical clinic that had several exam rooms and a real pharmacy.

Shelley worked in the pharmacy like she was Susan Vande Geest or something. Claudia and Gail did intake again and Jessica helped in the pharmacy. Diane gave expert medical consultation. Kelley, Caleb, Elena, and Jacque helped keep the children busy while their parents got medical help.

At noon, Gail, Claudia, Kelly, Caleb, Jacque and Elena returned to town to have lunch and meet with homeless boys. They did a bible study and played soccer with them. This time with the boys was definitely a ministry highlight of the week. Meanwhile, Harv painted the entire day. That may not sound like much but it meant a lot to the missionaries.

What do I all day? Well, I got to meet with two local missionaries who took me to meet with one local pastor in the morning and another pastor in the afternoon. This was really great for me as I was able to get an inside look at what the life and ministry of a Honduran pastor is like. I learned so much from these guys that I'll save it for a future blog post.

After this week there's no way that anyone on this trip escaped significant spiritual growth. The other thing I'll have to blog about next week is the snorkeling trip we took today. Amazing. We've had a good week but we're ready to come home. Up at 5:00 a.m., leave at 6:00, drive to San Pedro Sula, and catch our 11:40 flight to Houston.We should arrive in Tucson at 6:38 p.m.. But we've learned to be flexible. Time for bed.

Leave a Comment

Comments for this post have been disabled.